BLFF raises funds for the Bandon Public Library with its two annual book sales, the Never-Ending Book Sale inside the library and occasional special books offered for sale on this web site.
The BLFF holds two booksales each year - in July and December. These sales are the major fundraisers for the BLFF and provide substantial funds to support various acquisitions for the Bandon Public Library.
July 13-15, 2017 - Summer Fun Booksale
December 2, 2017 - Holiday Booksale
ABOUT THE SUMMER FUN BOOK SALE IN JULY
- Generally, the Summer Sale is a three day sale held in July on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
time is reserved for members only. On the first day, only members of
the BLFF are admitted for the first several hours. The hours for the
first day are 10:30 - 4:00 members only.
You can join at the door for the annual membership fee of $5.00. From 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. on the first day, the sale is open to the public. On Friday, the second day of the summer sale, door open to all at 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, of the Summer Sale, is bargain day open to all from 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For $2 you can fill a grocery bag full of books.
- Paperbacks are 3 for $1.00. There is a "better books" section of speciality and newer books that are priced as marked. You will also find records, video tapes, music CDs, magazines and some gift items.
ABOUT THE HOLIDAY BOOK SALE IN DECEMBER
- The BLFF's Holiday Book Sales are usually held on a Saturday in early December.
- From 10:00 a.m. 'til noon is reserved for “Members Only.” You can join at the door. Please come and get first choice of the many books available, some for as little as $1. You’ll find hard-back books, paperbacks, video and tape cassettes, magazines and CDs.
- Noon 'til 4:30 p.m., the book sale opens to the public.
- There is also a Holiday Gift Basket Silent Auction. Click here to see last year's offerings. They'll be on display in the library for bidding for about two weeks before the December sale date.
BLFF's Summer 2010 Sale was a wonderful success! Click here for more photos of the 2010 Summer Sale. See Photo Gallery for pictures of past sales and other events.
Please watch for the announcement of the dates for these sales annually. It will be printed in the BLFF Newsletter, in the local paper and be featured on this web site.
On Wednesday afternoons before the sale, volunteers set up the sale. Help is always welcome.
Finally, please donate your books. Your donations of books are the needed to provide a varied and wide selection of books for this important fundraising activity.